Species List: White-breasted Nuthatch ( Sitta carolinensis )
Common name: White-breasted Nuthatch
Scientific name: Sitta carolinensis
Altertnate names: white-bellied nuthatch, slender-billed nuthatch
- The Birds of Childs' Point Region.
- Birds of Hanscom Park.
- For the Chickadees.
- Hunting Wild Birds in Parks and Green Woods that Abound Near Omaha. The Boom of
the Gun is No Longer Heard in the Woods Near Omaha, But in its Place Bird Hunters Search
Diligently with Lead Pencil, Notebook and Camera, While About Flit the Feathered...
- Birds Found in Woods Near Omaha are Interesting. The Hunting of Warblers With
Notebook and Field Glass Becoming a Fad and Leads to Delightful Revelations-Partial List of
Beauties that Visit this Section Given by One Who Knows - Sign of Songsters...
- Chumming With Nut Hatch and Chickadee in Winter. Remarkable Close Views of Bird
Life Snapped by Omaha Disciples of Audubon.
- Teachers Brave Rain to Go Bird Studying. Twenty-five Visit Elmwood Park, Led by
Audubon Society Representatives. David Waterman Discovers Scarlet Tanager, First Seen There
- What Cheer In a Cemetery Where Birds Find Paradise.
- A Chickadee at Elmwood Appreciates a Convenient Larder.
- An Indian Summer Duck Shoot on the Old Platte that Vividly Recalled the Halcyon
Days When the Feathered Hosts Came Down in Fall and Spring in Countless Thousands. Birds of
Cedar Island; Little Bubo and the Crows. On Cedar Island With Our Winter Birds.
- Our Little Winter Visitants Welcome as Those of Summer. With Chickadee, Downy,
Titmouse, Bluejay, Redbird, Junco and Sparrow Among the Commonest.
- Birds Are More Sociable When Weather Grows Cold.
- Bird's Noses [Crows and Elmwood Park Feeding Stations].
- An Early Morning's Visits With the Birds.
Back to species list