Species List: Northern Flicker ( Colaptes auratus )
Common name: Northern Flicker
Scientific name: Colaptes auratus
Altertnate names: flicker, golden-winged woodpecker (yellow-shafted subspecies), golden-wing
woodpecker; golden-winged woodpecker, yellowhammer; highholder
- The Birds of Childs' Point Region.
- Spring Birds of Nebraska.
- A Shoot of Years Ago on a Bird Now Gone. The Sight of a Flock of Golden Plover
Brings Back Old Lang Syne. The Oldster's Lament.
- A White Rattlesnake.
- Notes on Some Birds of Gage Co., Neb.
- The Birds of Omaha. A List of the Species Observed In and About the City of
- Birds of Hanscom Park.
- Composite List of the Species of Birds Observed by Members of the
Nebraska's Ornithologists' Union at the Salt Basin near Lincoln, Lancaster
County, Nebraska. Sunday, May 22, 1904.
- Hunting Wild Birds in Parks and Green Woods that Abound Near Omaha. The Boom of
the Gun is No Longer Heard in the Woods Near Omaha, But in its Place Bird Hunters Search
Diligently with Lead Pencil, Notebook and Camera, While About Flit the Feathered...
- Birds Found in Woods Near Omaha are Interesting. The Hunting of Warblers With
Notebook and Field Glass Becoming a Fad and Leads to Delightful Revelations-Partial List of
Beauties that Visit this Section Given by One Who Knows - Sign of Songsters...
- Teachers Brave Rain to Go Bird Studying. Twenty-five Visit Elmwood Park, Led by
Audubon Society Representatives. David Waterman Discovers Scarlet Tanager, First Seen There
- The Cheerful Flicker.
- Golden Days of Summer Are Sloping Into Golden Days of Fall.
- This Woodpecker Laid Seventy-One Eggs, says Dr. Towne.
- In the Days of April the Wild Goose Flys On.
- A Day With the Birds on the Old River Road.
- October's Oriental Rugs and Exquisite Tapestries. Sweet Pictures of Fall
Days Sketched From Close By Woods and Waters.
- An Early September Day Up the Old River Road.
- Delightful Meeting With Flock of Harris Sparrows.
- Birds are Returning to Their Turner Park Home.
- Birds Are More Sociable When Weather Grows Cold.
- A Woodland Building Show [Bird Breeding Activity].
- After Plover in the Pastures: A Day's Sport in Nebraska.
Back to species list